The salto family

The salto family
Welcome all

Monday, March 21, 2011

Herbs for immune system

Everyone I know seems to be getting
SOMETHING in the virus department. I feel like have been taking antibiotics for months. I have been trying to add some alternative sources to help my body get back into balance. By talking to my chiropractor, massage person and doing some reading I have come up with some ideas that I am going to share. REMEMBER that I am not an expert but have been using some of this items and feel that could be helping.
Always follow the manufactures dosage and direction on all these herbs...

American ginseng: might help prevent upper respiratory infections but need to be taken at the beginning of the cold season.
Echinacea: preventing and treating of colds and flu. Echinacea stimulates your own immune fighting cells.
Elderberry: dark blue-black elderberries a rich in the compounds that could disarm viruses.
Green tea: try to get into the habbit of drinking green tea regularly to help strengthen your immune system.

Remember that a person immune system never rests. As human beings we need to be constantly trying to help our body systems.
Try to be conscious of the food we consume by choosing immune boosting foods.
Remember to exercise
Try to reduce stress as much as possible
Sleep more
Treat infections promptly
Avoid toxins that impair our immune system and damage our cells. Toxins are everywhere, so this is a real challenge now a days. Add more organic foods into your meal planning. Look for the GREEN products and start using them in your daily activities.

These are some of things that I am trying to do-better to start even if I am on the older side of the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment