The salto family

The salto family
Welcome all

Friday, April 23, 2010

Healthy Habits

I know we all have hectic lives which seem to make eating healthy a big chore. I came across a great article by Mary Guarrino, that might be of help. I have summerized it below.

Drink water throughout the day: harder than it seems. Not crazy about water, add a little lemon to the glass or bottle.
Cut back on coffee and soda. My ears nose throat Dr has also said this to me for my reflex.
Replace high sugar with low sugar versions. What? Refined sugar adds calories and weight gain. Look for alternatives or try to avoid all together.
Stock up on healthy snacks and bring them with you. Avoid the snack machines or food on the staff room tables.
Take time to plan health meals for the week. Planning is always a must on a diet or new eating plan. This will help the fast food rut.
Purchase frozen, and ready to cook ingredients.
Pack lunch the night before.
Cook double batches of your healthy meals for the next week.
Exercise whenever you can. Take a walk break either at lunch or maybe around the building on your break. MOVE it!!!
Get enough sleep. Americans tend not to do this simple idea. We keep wanting to cram more into the day and night.

Try to incorporate these ideas and see how much better you will feel. I can attest that it is working for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment