The salto family

The salto family
Welcome all

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St Patricks Day

March 17 Hope all are having a green day. Watch out for the Cornbeef--very salty. We cook ours in beer but that cooks out RIGHT?

I have been having fruit as my afternoon snack and nuts with seeds for the night snack. This helps with digestion as well as adding some needed protein, since I am not eating much in the meat department. This takes me all the way through Activity 4.

I did enjoy the Vegetarian Food article. YES, I did know that veggies have many health benefits. THE KEY in this artucle as well as many others is BALANCED. You have to be concious of the type of vegetables and make sure you add beans and leafy kind which have the proteins.
Along with this is calcium..I am not eating much in the way of diary either. I found a great article about increasing your calcium..here are a couple:
Add beans
Stir nuts into your fruit or yogart
Add low fat cheese to soups and salads
Leafy vegetables in soups and casseroles even lasagna or ziti
Buy juices and cerals that are fortified with calcium and Vitiamin D So many people are low in D and this is starting to cause many health problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment