The salto family

The salto family
Welcome all

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Time

that allusive item that we do not seem to have enough of. What can we do to help ourselves manage time.
Time audit: How do you really spend your time. Take a look at your schedule for at least a week. Evaluate the places you go and the time spent doing activities. Be honest. Are you running your life or is someone else? Combine and cut to be most effective.

To-do list:daily weekly, continuous with a calender or schedule. This list can be productive if used the correct way. Do not forget to prioritize the list.

Waste time: Don't! Bring something to do while waiting in the Dr's office, for practice to be over etc. Try to combine chores with watching the news or talking to friends.

Stock up:To avoid always running to the store, post office etc. keep items on hand. I like to keep nonperishable items in stock also. This way when making a recipe, or shopping the items are always handy.

SYSTEM: Whatever you are attempting to do-have a system. Really makes the process much easier and less time consuming. Use sticky notes to help all family members in the process.

Perfectionist: Don't (my favorite because I am not). I have found and I imagine some of you agree, that not everything has to be perfect. This idea is Way to hard to even think about. Do things the best that you can and then go on to the next chore.

No: the little word that is so hard to say. Focus on your goals especially the healthy ones and this word is not so hard to say. It could all be a matter of timing. Remember you are important. I find that I am the only one who can keep myself healthy in order to do the activities I truely want to do.
Don't you think that time management is really about managing yourself? I do. People really want to do what is important to them first and then fit in the other stuff. I feel this in turn will keep one on an even plain and happier in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment