The salto family

The salto family
Welcome all

Monday, April 4, 2011

Food and headaches

I know that there are foods that certainly cause headaches but I did not know that some foods can help. What a great idea so I am posting. Use as you might: Came from Woman's day mag Health and Healthy diet foods I am doing this quickly because it was a long article.. Baked potato:especially if the headache is from alcohol-related. It seems the potassium helps with this Watermelon (love this fruit) Helps with the dehydration which is one the major causes of headaches. Eating as a fruit or use in smoothie Coffee: now this is debatable. Java or the caffeine can help the blood vessels but to much is also a cause of headaches- therefore, be careful with this one. Whole grain toast:to little carbs might bring on a headache by depletion of glycogen and also fluid lose (dehydration). BE aware and reach for the good carbs which might even help with your mood. Almonds: I keep hearing about these wonder foods. I love almonds so I eat them regular anyway. Almonds area good source of magnesium which helps relax the blood vessels. Spicy Salsa: since these usually cause my headaches, I was surprised at this. Can help clear up congestion, and help with pressure. Yogurt: You might be calling for calcium so grab a yogurt. Sesame Seeds: Sprinkle them on salads, in your oatmeal or soups. These little seeds are just a great nutritional value food. rich in magnesium, vit E. Can also improve circulation which might help in prevention of headaches. This is amazing. I have trying this but can't comment yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment