The salto family

The salto family
Welcome all

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

protein without meat

IF you are like me, you are concerned with eating to much meat. Sometimes I am even getting some reaction to meat, especially red meat. So how do you get protein, if you are not a meat eater.
I have given some suggestion below that I have found in many articles and have been trying them.

Nuts ofcourse" fiber, heatrt healthy fatty acids. Nuts are very veritile-they can be used to add to many dishes. Store nuts in refridge and WATCH portion size
Seeds grab some protein and other nutrients-best one hemp, pumpkin flaxseed. All easy to add to many dishes as well as eating a handful for snack.
Legumes: soybeans, lentils, split peas, navy beans kidney and even lima.
Grains: since I am trying to watch the wheat part of this food group, I have switched oats, quinoa, bulger and rice. Still don't forget whole wheat if you do not have any reaction.
Diary: cottage cheese is my favorite but almost any diary product provides protein
Eggs
So eat up friends and do not be afraid to go meatless at least some of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment