The salto family

The salto family
Welcome all

Thursday, June 14, 2012

BREAKFAST

the most important meal of the day. What are your thoughts on breakfast? I have really been trying to to enjoy this fine time of the day. I still find myself crabbing a bite and eating in the Car on the way to work. Oh well.
Read a great article on breakfast by a sparks writter Tanva Jolliffe. Very interested. Sharing a few tidbits in my own words....Since I tend to either drink my own protein drink or have cereal , I thought the rules of fives she talks about very important items to look for on a label.
 5 grams of fiber and LESS than 5 grams of sugar
  3 grams of protein for more per serving
  top ingredients should be whole wheat or wheat bran
AVoID hydrogenated oil, dyes, chemical preservatives
According to the article the top rated cereal Spoon size shredded wheat
  Kashi 7 whole grain
General mills cheerios was at the bottom of the top ten.
I have been told to try and stay away from wheat..that is a challenge, so what can I eat. Any suggestions out there.?
Do you have a favorite cold cereal> I have been leaning toward oat products now.

No comments:

Post a Comment