The salto family

The salto family
Welcome all

Thursday, October 13, 2011

de-stress

Yeah right!! but I am in desperate need and so is my daughter, so I am trying desperately. Because ofcourse when one is stressed, usually one will EAT. BINGO...there goes the diet.
Try some of these hints and send some others, if found any that help you.
Try to be proactive with stress. Do not let it build and then hit you with a punch.
One of the ways, I am trying to help is keeping a food journal..not only of the food I am eating but the triggers when I want to bing.
Try some meditation massage or yoga.
Try some message boards that might be of help-blog, use the website Spark people, Talk to friends and family.
STAY grounded...stress might not be the real reason that one is reaching for food. It could be an over reaction to what is going on around you. Think about these options when your button gets push:
DEEP breaths; count to ten, remind yourself where you are by looking around, naming some colors or objects.
Notice some sensations that might be feeling-tension in hands or jaw, breathing, stomach.

Reality
Remember that life as well as dieting is not an "all or nothing" process. Bing to day, start again tomorrow.
Read your won thoughts..not others. Don't waste time by getting down on yourself--be positive
Other people--this one is so me.
I have to remember that I can not fix other people's problems, especially my children. This only adds to my stress and to my eating. They are capable of handling their own.

Perspective: no mountain out of molehills.
Think How big a deal is this really.
Do I have all the facts? Am I making assumptions. Check things out before you act and try listening instead of reacting.
Break problems down into manageable portions.
Control what you can and let the other items goooooo.!
SOMETIMES all this might take is a quick three minutes..other times might be more. The results are well worth any effort. What do you guys think?

1 comment: