The salto family

The salto family
Welcome all

Friday, June 18, 2010

Away for a couple of days

Hi ALL, I'm back from Vermont. Helen and her cousing and myself had a great time. The weather was sunny but cool. Seem to be running around all the time but saw many great tourist items. I was even able to stick to my diet. This great time leads into my next post about putting ourselves first, which most of us do not do but should.

Start with yourself to help reach other goals...STOP the Merry-go-round I want to get off seems to my daily saying. Where does all the time go? One has to take care of oneself before you can be of help to others. We all know this, so I have come up with a few suggestions that might be a reminder for all of us with the help of Rebecca Pratt.

Preserve your physical health with sleep, exercise and nutrition.
Value your emotional health as well..be supportive, laugh, be friendly.
Schedule fun activities on a regular basis.
Watch out for other "busy " people who could be sucking you into more activities. Learn the fine art of say NO. Save the the YES for the beneficial events that will help you and or your family.
Don't try to change every problem you think you have at one time. Spread the change out and get yourself under control.

Try to think of your life as a checking account and balance it periodically with small items, such as a peaceful walk, catching up with old friends eating a nutritious meal. BE GOOD to yourself!!.

No comments:

Post a Comment