The salto family

The salto family
Welcome all

Monday, July 11, 2011

Protein

While I have some time, let us move on the protein. Since I am trying to remove most meats from diet, protein has become a challenge. Protein does give the body energy, essential for cells, tissues and organs, so a person can not completely eliminate protein. THAT IS BAD...
So how about trying different types of protein--seeds, nuts, tofu and soy peas, beans.
From an organization called helpguide org, I found some guidelines that I have been trying to follow to keep my protein levels up.
BEANS: black, navy, garbanzos and lentils
NUTS almonds, walnuts, pistachios and pecans
Soy: tofu, soy milk, veggie burgers
avoid salty or sugary nuts..
DOWNsize your protein portions, especially red meat--add more whole grains, vegetables.
Remember fish, chicken turkey are your friends especially hormone free when possible.
So eat on friends and keep up the good fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment