The salto family

The salto family
Welcome all

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Cutting calories

We are talking about shopping, recipes and now calories. Reember we are on a healthy eating plan not a diet. However, a person does need to cut calories and exercise, no matter what we are planning.
Don't eyeball-love this one. Do you under estimate how much you really eat? I do, so I keep a food journal. A record of what I eat during the day and when and even why.
Read the food labels
Watch size at home but especially when eating out. Order small and or wrap half to go.
Measure out the snacks and then put away the bag.
Buy the single serve proportioned if you are having problems.
HOLD THE FAT: fat has more than twice the calories per gram (WOW) think about that. Be conservative. Use herbs red peppers, sea salt, skimp on the butter, dressing and creams.
Fruits and vegetables are your friends-high in volume, fiber and nutrients.
WATER WATER through out the day. Watch the soda, fruit juices and alcohol.
REMEMBER these are ideas that help me and hopefully might help you. I am sure you have read them before, I just like to repeat and repeat..

No comments:

Post a Comment